Saturday, August 22, 2009

Raining in Lancaster

It was raining this morning in Lancaster. I woke up at 5:47 with a bit of a headache and threw the last of my belongings into my giant, black suitcase. I have two cameras, some books, three copies of the rough draft, this computer, two giant maps of Alaska rolled up, and my fortune from Panda Express (it said 'don't let unexpected situations throw you', so I decided to bring it along). I also brought multiple pairs of socks, my snazzy new boots, and a bunch of sweat shirts. Packing to go fishing in the Shelikof Strait when it's 101 degrees out is a challenge; especially for a guy who prides himself in packing in under 5 minutes.


Today's post will be short since I'm sitting in Burbank waiting to board for my first leg to Seattle. From there it will be on to Anchorage where I will layover from 1 until 5:30 tomorrow morning. I had grand plans to include pictures and video from Sarah's soccer game this morning, but it looks like that will have to wait since people are beginning to rush the gate here. I'm getting a little nervous!


I talked to my friend Jim this morning and he said this new blog of mine is confusing him. So if you're just jumping in now make sure to go back to the first post and read through to find out what I'm up to. Hopefully that will help. Gotta go catch my flight. More to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment